After surgery, you will spend time in the Recovery Unit. The average stay in the unit is 1 to 1.5 hours. When you are discharged from this unit, you will be reunited with your family.
Important things to remember:
- Follow your doctor’s orders after surgery
- Unless instructed otherwise, resume taking routine daily medications.
- If you have received local anesthesia without sedation, general anesthesia or regional block anesthesia, you must follow these instructions for 24 hours.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- Do not take public transportation alone.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Do not sign legal documents.
- A light diet is recommended.